Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I, am a "wanna-be"...

I live (the cold) half of the year in central Pennsylvania. I live the (warmer) other half of the year in the southern Adirondacks. I plan to be one day...a "year rounder"

I am aware that I am one of the "summer people" but, someday I will not be-God willing... And if it should carry even a tiny bit of weight... I have been coming to the Adirondacks since I was 6 wks of age; over (OMG!) a half-century.

My husband and I would like to retire in the North Country; we met in the North Country as children. My husband is convinced our daur was conceived in the North Country (my apologies to those sensitive to that statement-myself and daur included!-but I write it the way I hear it...) We know that that daur has the North Country in her heart as do we. And although I am not ready for the big one yet; I think we may leave this world via the North Country. (Preferrably on one of those clear, bright, blue skied days...)

Now I know these ramblings can be thought of as suppositions at this stage of the game but I do want to make it known that we truly, truly do love the Adirondacks. We love the scenery (of course), we love the pace (reality can be made from dreams), we love the people (they are sincere) and, we love what our time in the Adirondacks have provided to our lives.

We see things differently than we would had we never become one with nature. We prioritize differently than we would had we not seen life's value of time, afforded by spending time in the Adirondacks. And we choose relationships by the value of the person, not their acquisitions or offerings.

Yes, I am a "wanna-be" but, if everything goes as planned, I will move north in a few years. I know I will never be native to the Adirondacks but, perhaps I can claim to be a year rounder...

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on FB, and thought I'd visit your blog. I too spent every summer since I was born in Brant Lake. My family had a camp there (that my Dad built) and now other members have their own camps. I have some wonderful memories of time spent there and friends made there. It's wonderful to find someone else who feels the same way about Brant Lake!

    ReplyDelete