Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Soon Grasshoppa, Soon.........."

With visions of David Carradine Kung Fu dancing through my head, I hear the beating in my chest as I try to be patient for my trek Northward.

My husband is up there as I write this; he's beginning the opening chores at our summer camp.
Apparently, "There's not a cloud in the sky." says he, the bragger.
"The leaves are all removed from the yard; I've opened everything up to let the breeze off the lake blow in. Feels great." Boasts he the one who blasted out of here Thursday am with clothes, work gear and hiking stuff for six days.

It's gorgeous here in central Pa; I've potted flowers on our deck all day. It seems we have (once again) jumped from Winter to Summer as the termometer passes 80 degrees though. Spring, my favorite time of the year, has been evasive as of late. Perhaps it will arrive. Perhaps.

Spring has hit the Adirondacks though apparently; cool nights, warm days. MY kind of weather. It won't be long before I head North; not really I guess, although it seems like 'forever' when I am sitting down here 350 miles southwest of where I want to be.

I must re-call David and repeat to myself...."Soon Grasshoppa, Soon".

No comments:

Post a Comment