Monday, May 11, 2009

Prep Time!

The time is coming...thank you God!

Won't be terribly long before I head north to Brant Lake- well if you can count 1 month and 11 days not terribly long!

My husband is up there now putting a new roof on our camp and told me that last night was a bit chilly. It was 45 degrees...he was there (in our 3 season camp) when it was 12 degrees in December!!! Chilly last night?!!??! Must be the sun reflecting from the new roof into his eyes that is dulling his senses.

We are in our 50s so we figure this new (metal) roof will last the rest of our natural lives- the next one will be someone elses decision. Last time he put on a new one was 15 years ago and it was tarpaper and shingles. Not too bad of a lifespan in North country weather. Also last time my husband had heat stroke- maybe that's why his senses are off!

Anyway, I am getting really itchy to hit the road. Anxious to see old friends- human and elemental!

Did my gardens around my home here in PA and while at the farm market getting my flowers I kept thinking about my color scheme for my pots at the lake this year. Begonias are always a winner as are Impatiens and, although I LOVE Petunias, I have no luck with them so I've passed them by; Geraniums are a good choice too. So I think this year it will be pink, white and red for the lake. Perhaps a pretty purple Sweet William that I saw today; never saw that particular color but they were gorgeous and they winter over in pots if protected. Better yet they smell great!

So in the mean time I will prepare and wait patiently. My book should be released (fingers crossed) by the time I head north so it will all be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment