Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Mountain Lake PBS Interview

http://video.mountainlake.org/video/1388627720

Recently, I was interviewed by Paul Larsen of Mountain Lake PBS in Plattsburgh. The day was cold, damp and dismal. One of those ADK days that makes it hard to believe you are in a place that you enjoy more than any place you've lived! (Granted, I think I could give Hawaii a try and enjoy that, perhaps just a little...) The ride from Brant Lake seemed a bit longer than usual, and the roads a little less comfortable than usual, but I was excited and looking forward to it.

The interview went well. Paul was very nice as were his producers, and every one on staff. One, was originally, from a town near my winter home in PA; Centralia. What a small world it is in which we live, it is more evident each day! Centralia is long gone now; there is a mine fire that is burning underground and has been for decades. The town was moved(not evacuated-moved)and many left the area for good.

I was glad to have the opportunity to share my feelings about my book. It has been a passion of mine for many years and to have it -finally- "out there" for the world to read is a great feeling! I have, in a few of my presentations, said that now...I can die happy. Not that I want to do that any time soon- I've still got a few more books in me! But I am happy to be able to share the stories with others for many years to come. Stories about one of the most wonderful places on earth...The Adirondacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment